Creating an App
API connections are managed through Trelica Apps.
There are two sorts of app:
- an app with local access, which can only connect to your organization's data, or
- a published app which lets software developers build tools that connect to Trelica's API, which any Trelica customer can use.
You need to enter three basic things to create an app:
- A logo icon (ideally square - we recommend SVG or PNG). We've provided a sample logo here to get you started.
Sample App logo
The Client ID and the Client Secret are the credentials that you will use when connecting to the Trelica API.
Start off using client credentials. This is the simplest way to connect to the Trelica API.
If you choose Authorization code flow then you will need to enter two additional pieces of information:
- A message that will get shown to users when they are asked to consent to you accessing their Trelica data on their behalf. You should use this to confirm what you will do with the Trelica data you access.
- One or more Redirect URLs. These are part of the OAuth 2.0 specification, and are URLs that Trelica is allowed to call once the user has consented to (or denied) granting access to their data. You can read more about this process on the Authorization Code flow page.