A central place for everyone in your organization to discover and get access to apps.
The App Hub can be made available to all employees as a central, searchable directory of sanctioned apps.
Helping employees find and get access to existing, approved apps reduces the likelihood of unsanctioned and potentially duplicate apps creeping into your inventory.
When searching the App Hub, users can view simplified app profiles with general information together with context in your business (for example, how many other people are using it and the app owner(s)).
App Hub profiles include a Request Access button. Users selecting this option will raise a task in Trelica, which will be assigned to the relevant app owner to review and action.
An example app profile in the App Hub with the Request Access option, number of users and app owners highlighted.
Enabling the App Hub from the Settings page.
The Accessing apps section lists the available options.
If you have enabled option 2, you will need to go to the apps inventory and open the profile for each app that you want to include in the App Hub. Locate the Details section, click the edit icon and then toggle the Show in App Hub option.
The edit icon in the Details section of the app profile.
Toggling the "Show in App Hub" option from the app details.
In addition to the managed or specified apps, you can display custom links on the App Hub. This is useful if you want to direct users to pages, such as your organization's password policy or your help desk's contact information.
To add a custom link to the App Hub:
- 2.Expand Links and click Add link. The Add link dialog is displayed.
- 3.In the Label box, enter the text you want to display and in the Link box, enter the link address.
- 4.Click Save. The link is added. To edit or remove a link, click the menu icon next to the link entry and select Edit or Delete.
In the App Hub, the link is listed under a menu next to the user's profile icon.
If you're using Happeo, you can embed the App Hub in Happeo with a custom embedded widget. This makes it easier for people within your organization to discover the App Hub and get access to approved apps.
To embed the App Hub in Happeo:
- 2.Expand Embed in intranet and select Happeo.
- 3.The widget URL for Happeo is displayed. Click the icon to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- 5.Click Add custom widget and select Embedded widget. The embedded widget settings are displayed.
- 6.Enter a name and in the Widget URL box paste the Trelica URL that you copied to clipboard.
- 7.Under Scopes select User primary email.
- 8.Click Add Widget to save the settings, and then click View secret.
- 9.Click the icon to copy the Happeo secret to the clipboard.
The App Hub is embedded in Happeo as a custom widget. You can test the App Hub from the Happeo widget editor.
The custom widget editing page in Happeo.
Once you're ready to make the App Hub widget available for inclusion in Happeo pages, change the custom widget status to Published. You can now add the widget to a page in Happeo so that your users can browse and request access to apps. For more information, refer to the Happeo guidance on custom widgets.