Entering license details
License details are critical to tracking your SaaS expenditure, renewals and over license entitlements in Trelica. You can add licenses directly, or as part of a contract.
Licenses can be added in different places in Trelica. However they're added, you will find everything under Licenses in the main menu.
- adding licenses to an application for the very first time
- adding to an application with existing licenses but with the new licenses having materially different terms i.e. different license plans, start / end dates, rates. For example, if two different teams are purchasing licenses for the same application but on different terms
Here is some guidance on the fields used on the license details form:
Plan name - this relates to the license plan. Depending on the application, you might have some preset options you can select from. If there are no preset options, or none of the options are appropriate, you can enter your own plan name (select Other in the dropdown if there are preset options).
Price - this is where you define your license structure and the associated rates (e.g. per-user, per-unit, flat rate). Some of the following options on the form will change based on these selections.
In Trelica, license statuses are set automatically based on the license duration, renewal options and the corresponding app status. You can filter the Licenses list to identify all licenses in a particular status.
- Active - The license is current with a renewal date more than 90 days in the future.
- Renewal due - The license is due for renewal in the next 90 days. To identify licenses that are due for renewal in a different timeframe, use the "Renewal date" filter.
- Overdue - The license renewal date is in the past and the license has not been renewed using the Renewals feature. If you have added a new license, ensure you terminate the old license to prevent it being listed as overdue.
- Renewed - The license has been renewed and a new renewal date has not been set or the renewal date is in the past.
- Terminated - The license has been terminated. This option should only be used if the license is not being renewed. Terminated licenses are hidden by default.